1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about child care...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Normally I'd say cry it out. But triplets? I assume in the same room? I have no idea how the fuck you'd handle that. Sorry.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Pop 'em a couple times in the back of the head. They'll learn.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

My wife does that to me every time I head for the airport.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh. I guess it doesn't work then. :D

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Just keep them away from the ball club and they'll be successful, productive citizens.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You know, my sister used to keep me up all hours of the night. My mother had to put us into separate rooms before she'd stop waking me up.

So I taught her to climb out of her crib. She broke her wrist two weeks later.

Chloroform might be better.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We never had problems with Little tbf sleeping, so I have absolutely no idea, man. Sometimes, if she won't take a nap in the afternoon, I'll let her cry for five or 10 minutes, then she'll go right to sleep.

Triplets? Yeesh. I got nothing.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh ((( HUGS ))). Mine's also going through a stalling and sleep-fighting phase. Our bedtime routine took an hour and 10 minutes last night, thanks to the stalling.

Two year olds.... they'll kick your ass.

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Uh Lug... that never ends.. My 6 year old would be a walking rain delay if she pitched in the majors.....she is a master...

Triplets? Wow! Sounds like they're being overstimulated at bedtime, but not sure how you avoid that with three of them... good luck!... If I was your wife, I'd just throw some food on the floor, lock them in the house and go drink! :D

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I still can't believe Markvid has triplets AND finds time to post here. :)

I have twin boys who were born when my eldest son was two years old so I have a little bit of idea of his and his wife's predicament.

We were heavy on routine and predictability. That made it easy for everyone involved.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Make sure they get massive amounts of fresh air and physical activity during the day. Gotta wear 'em out.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My 3 month old will sleep 5-6 hours straight through the night. It's getting him to nap during the day and not fight off sleep that is sometimes problematic. My wife won't let me put a single drop of wine on his pacifier to help quiet him down -- that's all I want to do - one drop of wine and she says no.

Draft saved Draft deleted