1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Birmingham Southern College baseball team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, May 18, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oh well...the weekly rag did an article on him for Wednesday, so that's good enough. :D

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

This time last year, the school announced they were moving from DI to non-scholly DIII. Almost immediately, the baseball and men's basketball teams announced they would not have enough players to field a team (basically it wasn't worth it) in 2006-07. The baseball coach (Shoop) took over at nearby UAB and the men's basketball coach (Reboul) retired. Shoop ended up with four or five of his BSC guys at UAB.
    Both teams will field squads next season on the DIII level.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

We had a kid from our area sign with BCS for baseball too and I was in the same boat as KySW. I just thought the school's website sucked ad they hadn't updated it until I searched for a bit.

Evidently they're signing a crapload of players, which I guess you would if the rest of the team bolted.

4. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

KSW...who was the kid, if you don't mind me asking? Or at least, where'd he go to HS?

BSC will turn into a solid program if they have Jan Weisberg coaching. If I remember right, he didn't do anything spectacular at Transy, but he's a pretty good coach and surrounds himself with good coaches.

Draft saved Draft deleted