1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about a Super Bowl media day question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Does anyone know the story behind the question posed to Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith at Super Bowl media day about when he heard about his team getting the Super Bowl bid, making it sound like the NFL has a Selection Sunday?

From television, it sounded like the person was from the United States, so it was probably not a case of someone being unfamiliar with the NFL. I was wondering if someone was try to goof on Smith.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What is wrong with giving bids to the Super Bowl? The Bears would have had a nice BCS rating.

Who needs all the playoff games? It takes players away from their families and strip clubs for too many weeks.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I was positive before clicking on the thread that someone had pulled out the "How long have you been a black head coach?" question.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Boise State got screwed again ???

5. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I heard that the entertainment news magazine Access Hollywood had a reporter at NFL Media Day that was asking questions from there audience.

So it could be them who asked such a question. They did ask Rex who would play you in a movie as well.

Thats my answer regarding that question and a few other really stupid questions asked.

6. moonlight

moonlight Member

Somebody asked Peyton Manning if Eli was adopted...

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I just laughed out loud. For real. Not that LOL type.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Which member of the NY Post did that? :)

9. Probably a Howard Stern correspondent ... Stuttering John or someone.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Did someone ask who Peyton Manning was, too?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"Stuttering John" has been the studio announcer for Jay Leno for about 10 years now.

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

That is damn funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted