1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Querying SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sneed, Jan 23, 2009.

1. helpful guy

helpful guy New Member

Sneed,

Senior editor Chris Hunt is your guy. Good luck.

2. SI comes to you. You don't go to them.

3. man, you people really piss me off

Richard Demak is in charge of stringers for si.com

start there

you can figure out his email

honestly, people -- so what, maybe it's a long shot. do you really have to be so freaking discouraging and miserable and negative all the time? maybe - just maybe - encourage somebody instead of using the thread as a forum for your pathetic jokes and tired one-liners

I work with a guy who's an absolute nobody in journalism - has a nice but unknown web site - who had a terrific idea and contacted SI and ended up selling the thing to SI.com

it happens

good luck with it, sneed

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are you a humorist? They have not had a good one since Roy Blount left.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Wow. I didn't find the responses all that negative and discouraging, especially compared to the "how do I reach the media relations dept" thread.

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

write, I tend to agree with you on this, as I stated on the Eagles p.r. thread. I don't see what's wrong with asking for help here. But I also see the other point of view, that a good writer/reporter should be able to find this stuff out on their own.
    I don't think this one got too out of hand.
    Certainly, if you have a good idea and can pull it off as a writer, anyone can be published in SI. But it's not going to be easy. Good luck, Sneed.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Started to write something similar and backed off. Glad someone said it.

The attacks on simple industry questions are so lame. You have dozens threads here from people needing advice on toenails, belts, baby puke, lip gloss.....but a guy who asks about a contact at SI gets hammered? Weak.

8. Boom_70

Release the hounds.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Sneed's question was met with a couple of attempts at humor and a couple of attempts to help. Where the hell was he hammered for asking the question? Seriously, were there deleted posts that I missed? This does not seem like a mean-spirited thread.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I hope you dish the dirt on why you transferred and on Colt McCoy. That guy's a huge d bag.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not this thread in specific, just the cumulative responses to lots of similar questions.

12. Boom_70

How do you like playing for Nutt?

Draft saved Draft deleted