1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Queen of the North Woods in the Big City!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What? Schaumberg? Damn I hate driving in Schaumberg.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:D

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Smart ass! :p ;)

Driving in Schaumburg hasn't been that bad. So far......

4. accguy

accguy Member

So Rosie,

Did you roll into the Windy City in time to see your Twins sweep the hated Whiteys?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, you've got no hope in hell of getting tickets. I suggest watching the game at The Sports Corner at Sheffield and Addison (across the street from the Harry Caray statue outside the ballpark). The bar upstairs isn't usually as crowded as the bar downstairs. Great place to kick back and watch the game on TV. If you take the L it's the first bar you come to when you leave the Addison station.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

No, I didn't :'( Sure wish I could have, though.

Since the game is sold out, the friends I'm with decided that trying to get tickets on the street (like one waiter suggested) wasn't an option.

So, we are hitting downtown tomorrow. And something about a funeral home that has a mini golf course in the basement....

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm back in the North Woods.

It was a great trip, some fantastic food (The Weber Grill in Palatine was super!) but it's good to be home!

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Break out the deet. I'd hate for you to be carried off on your first day back in skeeter country

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It's supposed to be extremely hot (near 100) and humid today, so I doubt I'll stray far from the indoor AC! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted