1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quebec City advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Feb 4, 2008.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Thanks for the advice so far. The Frontenac and the old city will definitely be on my list of things to do. As a college kid, staying at the Frontenac is out. I'm a big fan of church architecture as well but I'm not sure how excited the rest of the group would be to check them out. I might have to make my own side trip to the ones you mentioned Flash. I'm really excited for this trip. I've heard nothing but good things about Quebec City.

2. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

There is nothing else in North America like Quebec City. The word "unique" gets thrown around a lot. In this case, it fits. I haven't been since the Nordiques left (I was covering hockey then), but I'd love to stand on the boardwalk below the Frontenac one more time, just below the plains of Abraham, looking out at the St. Lawrence.
    Hey, speaking of "plains of Abraham," download The Band's "Acadian Driftwood" as part of your sound track for the trip. The Roches do a cool version on The Band tribute CD.

Draft saved Draft deleted