1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qdoba is the opiate of the masses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Qdoba has (or used to have) mole, which I love, yet I still went Chipotle, because it was better.

Where I live now, we have Moe's. We hit it every couple of Mondays for their $6 burritos and drinks. Only place the three of us can dine out for $20.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hence this commercial.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, and as for the thread: I despise Qdoba. Also realize I don't eat about 90 percent of the things you guys do, so already like 20 of Qdoba's burritos are off the table for me.

I like Chipotle, but haven't been there in ages. Not really one close to me. I do love me some Moe's though, because they have Moe's day in the work cafeteria once a week (love when it falls on a day I'm working) and their Monday deal is tough to beat.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree, but I certainly don't mind going to QDoba.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would do unholy things to have a chipotle in my town.

Closest one is 200 miles.

Yes.

I live on the FUCKING moon.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I eat at the Q in downtown LA all the time -- love the cheese dip and the tortilla soup. Never been to Chipotle.

In my dream list of fast food/casual food I wish would come to my hometown, the Q comes in second, behind Krystal and ahead of Cracker Barrel (hey, you can send the boy to Cali, but you can't take the Tennessee out of him!).

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Passionately wrong!

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Again. You mean do unholy things again, right?

9. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I, for one, will continue to do unholy things in hopes that it will result in Chipotle coming to my town. And once that is achieved, I will continue to do unholy things in hopes it brings me a Costco.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Put me in the exactly the same bunch. The only difference I see is Qdoba has a bigger menu, which for me gives them the edge. Coming from Colorado where they both started and having eaten them both virtually from the beginning I feel I am an expert on such things. Or not.

11. Qdoba has queso. Chipotle does not. That's the only major difference, though it is a breaking point for me. I used to live about one mile from each. I never went back to Chipotle once I realized you couldn't get a chicken queso burrito.

Town I most recently lived in only had a Chipotle. Still good stuff, but I couldn't help but be sad every time I walked in and realized I wouldn't have queso on that chicken burrito.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I had never even heard of Qdoba until this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted