1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qdoba is the opiate of the masses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Chipotle is fine, but the seasoning they use for their chicken is quite a bit spicier than Qdoba. And I'm not sure if Chipotle has a corn salsa or a ranchera (which is basically a less spicy, slightly thicker red salsa than the roja). Like you said, Qdoba's menu is better too.

Damn I gotta get me a Qdoba.

2. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I've never been to Chipotle. Both are all over the place around here. I was introduced to Qdoba by a girl I was dating. I loved it, and they have a rewards card, so I go there all the time. I keep meaning to try Chipotle, but I can't get myself to give up the $8 I could be putting toward a future free burrito.

Does Chipotle have a similar rewards program?

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Chipotle has a pico de gallo, a ranchera and a roja.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I guess so...I don't read the names of posters...just the post itself for the most part. I could probably name maybe 10 people after 4 years of posting on this site...and most of them are the sock puppets or people I bought for as a secret santa.
    Plus, isn't there some neo-politico on here that bitches about weird stuff like that? I just figured this was more of that. LOL

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

No. Qdoba does (the Q Card, which was featured in a joke earlier in this thread) but Chipotle does not. Most every fast-casual place is going toward some sort of frequent guest card or online offer these days, and why Chipotle doesn't do it surprises me. I guess they feel they don't have to? (shrugs)

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Qdoba's meat is a bit gristly, which turned me off.

Chipotle's rice is better. As is Chipotle's meat.

Both are a huge upgrade over Moe's, which is fucking horrible.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Indeed.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Chipotle doesn't care about the masses.

9. Salsarita's is horrible. I've never had such bland Mexican food. Only thing I like there is their medium salsa; that is quite good.

I've been to Chipotle's once and loved it, but it's not convenient to where I live. There's a Qdoba nearby, though, and I love it. Try the chicken tortilla soup. It's addictive.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Chipotle is owned by McDonald's, which was always my chief objection. I was a Qdoba guy first, so I never understood the appeal of Chipotle. But if you were a Chipotle guy first, I can see why you wouldn't understand the appeal of Qdoba.

Also, when I left the States, I had eight burritos on my Qdoba card. Failing to eat two more and cash that sucker in is one of my greatest regrets.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Chipotle is NOT owned by McDonald's. It was owned by McDonald's at one point, but the original owners bought it back because they were worried McDonald's would squeeze it dry and lower its standards.

And Chipotle is so much better than Qdoba it's not even fair. They make the same product, but Chipotle's ingredients range from slightly better than Qdoba's similar ingredient to way, way, way better. The only reasons to go to Qdoba: nacho cheese, the IWW card, discounts they seem to hand out far more often and that barbecue burrito, which I've had and enjoyed.

If you want something Chipotle has, it will be better at Chipotle than Qdoba.

These things are important to me. I hope my passion shows in my work.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Merge with Olive Garden thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted