1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qdoba is the opiate of the masses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Without a Qboda for the people, there is nothing for the people.

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

[​IMG]

3. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Was traveling through Denver once and ate at Illegal Pete's, which is basically the same burrito concept as Chipotle/Qdoba.

What made it superior? At the end of the ingredient-adding process, they took a giant spoon and mixed the stuff together before folding the burrito. That way each bite had all the ingredients you added. Perfection. I hate taking that first bite of Chipotle and it's nothing but rice.

I suppose that kind of intra-burrito equality would be communist.

4. Bubbler

Both are good. Raising Cane's has better portions and fries.

Unfortunately, we have neither in my fair city. I would throw a hobo in front of an express night freight for a Raising Cane's.

5. Bubbler

You, comrade, are entitled to a free Poblano Pesto Burrito and a Woody Guthrie tune.

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I can't send you the chicken, because it would spoil. But I can send you a souvenir stuffed labrador retriever.

Best I can do. And Zaxby's doesn't have one of those. For that matter, neither does Chipotle or Qdoba.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I would kill four to six hobos for a packet of Zaxby's sauce. Or six to eight hobos for a chicken finger plate with extra sauce. Just say the word.

I haven't been to a Qdoba in about eight years, but go to Chipotle about once a month. Just learned there's a Qdoba a few miles from my office, so I'll have to do a taste test soon.

8. Bubbler

Qdoba has the same phenomenon when you bite into its burrito. The rice is the proletariat, the meat and veggies are the elite. Try though they might, Qdoda has not realized true class struggle in burrito form until the masses are united with the elite into one tasty bite.

9. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Chipotle will mix it if the bourgeois consumer wants it mixed.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Where does the Midwest college-town "La Bamba" fit into Marxist-Leninist theory?

"From each according to their ability, to each as big as their head."

11. Bubbler

Is there anything in Das Kapital about 3 a.m. drunken visits to eateries? That represents 95 percent of my experiences with La Bamba's.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I am bonkers for Qdoba, but unfortunately all 4 that were in my state have closed. I went out of state the week before Thanksgiving and was able to eat their twice in two days.

The queso burrito is the most popular selling burrito, but the best choice in my opinion is the chicken fajita ranchera, or "chicken ranch" for regulars. Starts with rice, skips the beans, a scoop of grilled seasoned boneless chicken thigh, then a mixture of colorful peppers and onions that are more sweet than spicy, but very flavorful, followed by the savory red ranchera sauce, topped off with corn salsa. If you want a little spice get corn and then ask them for a little roja on top of that. You will be tempted to add cheese and/or sour cream. Do not. It's perfect as it is. If you insist on having a little cheese with your meal, order a kid's cheese quesadilla which in addition to the small size quesadilla, comes with a small serving of chips and a small drink (free refills). Thank me later.

Draft saved Draft deleted