1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qdoba is the opiate of the masses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

A Qdoba recently opened in my fair city. Went there tonight as a second-choice after the restaurant my family intended to go to had a 30-minute wait.

As I walked in and tried very hard to figure what the difference was between Qdoba and Chipotle (Qdoba has a marginally better menu. The food is EXACTLY the same), something caught the corner of my eye.

It looked like a Communist hammer-and-sickle. My first thought was, OK, Qdoba's the latest to use Communist imagery in some sort of tongue-in-cheek promotion.

But it wasn't that at all. It's part of the corporate logo.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Not an exact match, but not far off.

All power to the Soviets! Qdoba is order, Chipotle is chaos!

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I don't find Qdoba and Chipotle exactly the same. Chipotle is better.

And I think the hammer and sickle look sort of like a Q. The Q came first, so Qdoba is OK.

3. Bubbler

Q's are supposed to round off. Don't be fooled, this is Che Guevara's doing!

I'm willing to listen to an argument as to why either is better, because I sure don't see it.

Every last ingredient I had in my burrito tonight at Qdoba is exactly the same as the same one I can get at Chipotle. I could see a difference in the two if the tortilla, sauce, cheese or meat was different, but they're not. The only difference I saw was in Qdoba's menu.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'm not a food snob, but the quality of ingredients that Qdoba and similar restaurants seems incredibly inferior to what Chipotle uses for the same price.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Um, gosh I hope you are kidding. I don't see blue font...but....

It's a Q. Plain and simple.

6. BrianGriffin

Communists have poor penmanship.

7. BrianGriffin

Chipotle's pork is WAY better than any meat you can get at Qdoba. So is the rice. So is the guacamole.

It's not even close, really.

I do like Qdoba, but Chipotle is much better.

But Qdoba does have a decent margarita, as I've noted on another thread.

8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Chipotle is better, that's all I have to say.

9. Bubbler

Ya think?

Jesus Christ, comrades, get with the program.

I don't do guacamole, so I'll take your word for it. I had steak, which was about the same as the steak I had at Chipotle. My experience with the rice was exactly the same at both and I'm a rice snob.

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You've made it 1500+ posts without reading Bubbler? You've missed a lot of fun.

11. Bubbler

Exactly the same ... and I inherited better taste buds than you. :D

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

As soon as you pull the tongue into it, it gets Freudian.

Draft saved Draft deleted