1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Put another pot of coffee on in Mississippi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, May 13, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

The AP just called it for the Democrat candidate -- who had been under heavy attack from TV ads saying, in a not-so-subtle racist tone, that he shared the values of Barack Obama.

Folks, get ready for your first black president.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. That's a real leap.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's three special elections in a row in three GOP districts that the Republicans have pumped in a bunch of money to try and run against Obama.

They've lost all three. (LA-6, MS-1, IL)

Bush got 60+ points in that district four years ago.

And a serious Democratic contender, Scott Kleeb, is going to win the primary tonight in Nebraska, too.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Is it really?

If a Democrat can win a House seat in a district where Bush has a higher approval rating than practically anywhere else in the country, the level of dissatisfaction and disillusion with the Republicans is so extreme that Obama's victory is inevitable.

The Republicans in that district tried to run a campaign against Obama as much as the House candidate himself. It didn't work.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Forgot to add, turnout was massive.

More than 100K.

8. My son's moving there right on time.
    Let us not forget that the Illinois seat was Denny Hastert's old district.
    The brand, she is broke.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Doc reminds me that Scott Kleeb is a massive underdog in the fall election. But at least he's a Democrat, which is more than I could say for his primary opponent.

And, Lyman, spinning isn't saying anything that everyone over at GOP HQ isn't saying right now.

They're getting beat in some of their best districts. And they've got more seats to defend in the fall.

10. I'm not spinning anything.

I'm saying it's six months until the election. That's an eternity.

Sounds like a lot of spinning is being done by the thundering herd of Dem fanbois on this site, however.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I didn't say you were spinning anything, I was referring to spinning27, the poster.

And Childers is going to win by 8 points.

12. Such are the hazards when you multitask. Mea culpa, Zeke.

Draft saved Draft deleted