1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pushed by a referee; what recourse do I have?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mateo, Oct 20, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I said something like this a while ago, but I just can't see that official actually pushing anyone -- photographer, reporter, cheerleader (man or woman, boy or girl) out of the way, at least unsolicited. I'm sure the cat was just doing his job. Shake it off and don't let this bother you during your next assignment. Just learn from it, be the bigger person and move on.

You'll be a lot better for it.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It is a privilege to be on the sidelines. I always acted that way when I dealt with coaches, players, officials and guys doing the chains. This was their field. I was a guest, and I acted like one.

They could always toss you ass in the "press box" that is filled with nothing but guys with bad breath and women with sauce stains on their shirts.

There is no better place to watch an athletic even than a high school sideline in October. There is no worse place than a press box.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, that's a matter of personal preference.

4. 93Devil

Sorry, high school press box. I should have made that clearer.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Even so. I've been in some nice high school press boxes.

6. 93Devil

I guess it depends on the state.

In Western PA where I did a bunch of high school writing, a 60 degree evening is a lot nicer to me than a cramped metal box.

That said, I'm guessing an air conditioned box is better than a dusty, 90-degree prairie in Texas.

7. There's a time and place where a man has to decide to right a wrong, a time and place where he must stand his ground, a time and place to challenge a high school football official to a knife fight. That time is now, and that place ... is the Twilight Zone.

[​IMG]

8. Ok I'm tired of reading the bashing. You guys have no clue what sarcasm is. Do you honestly think I'd push a referee back? Get a freaking life. That would be about as stupid of a thing as you could possibly do.

I was just F-ing around, playing devils advocate and none of you are smart enough to see anything but black and white. Typical. Find a sense of humor. It will make life a lot more fun. Mine sure is. Yours must suck. Hahhahahahhahahaha!

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bashing? Sorry that you can't take the heat.

Kitchen door is stage left.

10. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

11. 93Devil

No idea what you are talking aboout.

12. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Man, if I backpedaled that fast, I'd fall down and break my ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted