1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Purity balls - chastity pledges gone wrong

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 22, 2014.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2586036/You-married-Lord-daddy-boyfriend-Purity-Balls-girls-gift-virginity-fathers-marriage-sweep-America.html

I've never heard of them until seeing this article and it just sounds so wrong.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So THAT'S how it is in their family ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

are purity balls anything like ben-wa balls?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The obsession of rightwingers in sticking their heads (and fingers and other implements) into any vajayjay they can get ahold of, including their own daughters,' continues to be remarkable.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I would log on to Twitter just to misuse #PurityBalls.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

You don't need Twitter for that

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

1. Purity Balls? Surely they could have called them something else to not invite the crass jokes that people like I will make.

2. I heard kissing gets you pregnant.

3. Can't wait until the first scandal in which boyfriend daddy knocks up precious. What a shit storm in the making. I understand that dads trying to keep their daughters from being sluts or teen moms at 15, but some of this stuff is worded so poorly as to make it weird.

4. It's sexist unless teen boys are taking their moms as their girlfriends until marriage.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Purity balls -- now they're organic!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Haven't been here long, have you?
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1860909/

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

There's a part of me that wants to go to each and every one of these areas, research these "purity balls" from, oh, six-seven years ago, find all the girls who "pledged" themselves and find out how many are still virgins. And I mean real virgins, not "It doesn't count until the P enters the V" virgins.
    I bet there's not much of a difference between the average age these girls are giving it up and the average age of a non-brainwashed kid giving it up.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

This is all kinds of fucked up. Has dad polishing his shotgun on the porch as the boyfriend drives up to pick up the daughter gone out of style? Sanctioning fathers as boyfriends just brings it to new levels of creepiness. Why don't they just push for polygamy and inbreeding, as clearly daddy knows best? Not sure my skin could crawl more.

Also, is there any focus on getting the boys to keep it in their pants and from knocking up their 14-year-old daughters? Or are we still dealing with boys will be boys?

Draft saved Draft deleted