1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Puppy help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Crate discussion makes me laugh. My parents' Schnauzer is 8-9 years old, and loves her cage. When she was younger, the 'rents thought "Okay, it's time to get rid of the cage." The dog whined, so it came back and sits until this day in the corner of the kitchen. Around 10pm, all anyone has to say is "bedtime" and the dog goes over, noses open the cage door and walks in. She stays there, though the door remains open, until they get up at 7am to let her outside. She even keeps her toys in there.

2. KG

KG Active Member

One of mine loves hers. If she's not laying around on the furniture in the living room, she's probably in her bed. If she's told to go in there she stays in it with the door open until you tell her to come out.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Dogs love crates. They have an instinct for a "den" and the crate can become a den. Mine sleeps on a dog bed in the bedroom, but her crate is in the utility room and if she wants to take a nap during the day, she chills in there. I'm pretty sure she usually goes in there if she's home alone.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I got him a dog bed (more like just a big pillow, since it doesn't have the arms and back and stuff) that fits the size of his crate. He's still not necessarily clamoring to get in there, but he enjoys it more when he IS in there.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4405770

Draft saved Draft deleted