1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Punt, pass and kick: NFL Week 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Sep 15, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Mendenhall is slower than my grandma. You guys are screwed. Good luck this season with out any one good running back.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's the same group that won the SB last year, but I think Redman has a better chance at being successful than Parker.

I am also comfortable with Moore getting more touches.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath. Kubiak stinks and will be gone before season's end if they suffer a total collapse.

4. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

One of my bets of the year is on the board this week -- Jags at home vs. Arizona. Arizona was a complete disgrace in their 1 p.m. East Coast games last year. I'll keep riding that trend until they prove me wrong.

Also, why is everyone ready to crown San Diego already? They look an awful lot like last year's Norv-led, messed-up group of underachievers, except now LT is running with a giant fork sticking out of his back. Maybe it's the homer in me, but if the Raiders were able to smack SD in the mouth on MNF, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Ravens are going to do to a banged-up team coming off a short week. The Chargers look soft to me.

5. 93Devil

And when have the Chargers ever looked hard?

That said, they have the talent to beat any team in the NFL at any place and at any time.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Eagles fans are already criticizing McNabb on talk radio.

Civilized societies do not make homes for the pseudo-insightful to shadowbox with crazy notions and an even crazier host, in the absence of any real controversy.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm also leaning toward Minn -9, Denver -3 and NYJ +4. I have a feeling about these Jets. Is anyone crazy enough to take Carolina and the TD in Atlanta?

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

They won the Super Bowl for two reasons
    1. Brady was out and the Patriots couldn't beat them into submission.
    2. They played the 9-7 Cardinals. The Cardinals man. Not a real team, not a real team, the Cardinals. We're talking about the Cardinals.

Enjoy Mewelde Moore. We can talk in January when the run game cant get it done on the big stage.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Steelers, anyone else taking a peek at Chicago +3 this week?

10. Tell that to the Panthers, Eagles and Atlanta.

11. 93Devil

And the Chargers and the Ravens.

The Patriots were a similar to the Colts of 89-touchdown-throwing Peyton manning in 2005.

You cannot throw your way to the Super Bowl. You have to be able to run a little as well. Too many things can go wrong tryingthe throw the ball against a good defense to put together a three-game win streak. (weather, bad refs allowing too much contact, not being able to block a player, QB getting dinged up, not being able to control the clock and the ball at the end of a game).

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Steelers were in the bottom third in rushing last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted