1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Punt, pass and kick: NFL Week 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Sep 15, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's "you're," stupied.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

They can count to 0 though. :D

3. Bad decisions, bad owner, bad coaches and a total disreguard for high-character players does not allow the Bungles the benefit of hiding behind the lable of being a "cursed" franchise. Sometimes, it's a "made your own bed, now you sleep in it" problem.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's stuiped, stuiped.

5. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Awesome.

As for Week 2, I just hope the Texans show somewhat of a pulse. Last week's effort was pitiful.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Didn't see it posted, but Patriots' LB Jerod Mayo said to miss 6-8 weeks. The story doesn't say so, but I was watching ESPN earlier and they mentioned that timetable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4476497

That hurts big time.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's okay for this week. The Steelers can't run the ball anyway.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, then, if Hillenmeyer plays well and the D-line plays like it did against the Packers, it's likely gonna be another ugly game. The matchup I'm most interested in is the D-line vs. Pittsburgh's O-line, easily the team's weak point. If the Bears can exploit it, maybe they steal one. If they can't, they're in trouble.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I think they could run it, except I would like to see if Mendenhall can do the job should Parker falter again. At some point during the season, Parker will be benched for Mendenhall, spelling the start of the end for him with the Steelers.

That line might not be great, but I also don't believe it's lousy. They need to find a back who can make it work.

11. Untill Mendenhall can prove that he won't cough up the ball, I'm sticking with Parker . . . reluctantly. I would rather have a bunch of short gains with a chance on third and long, then handing the ball over.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Based on how the two teams looked in Week 1, this has 13-10 written all over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted