1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pulp Fiction on Encore Action right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ha ha. They're your clothes, motherfucker.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Unfathomable.

Seriously, how is this possible?

3. John

John Well-Known Member

My favorite movie of all time. By a fuckin' mile. And yes, I do love The Godfather I and II and all the other classics.

But Pulp Fiction worked for me on so many different levels and I could watch it every day for the rest of my life and still enjoy it. When I saw it in the theater, only my girlfriend and I laughed when Marvin got shot in the face.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I didn't necessarily laugh when he got shot. But the 'Oh shit, I just shot Marvin in the face' line made me laugh really hard.

Probably my favorite stand-alone line in the movie.

It's one of my three favorite movies. Absolutely. Ahead of a lot of "classics."

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

John, I had the exact same reaction to the Marvin part. Cracked myself up.

The difference was I was a 15 year old girl, and had opted to see Pulp Fiction with all my male uncles, cousins, brothers, etc. on Christmas Day instead of watching Forrest Gump with the female relatives. They all turned to look at me like something was seriously wrong.

6. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

The first time I saw Pulp Fiction was when I first bought the VHS, when I was only 16 years-old. I think it was one of those FYI/Tower Records type of store where the clerk doesn't ask for ID.

But then again I was already rocking a goatee at 16.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Move out of the sticks, fellas.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

How did Julia Fucking Sweeney end up in that movie?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Say good night, Racquel.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Good night, Racquel.

Just because you ARE a character doesn't mean you HAVE character.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I thought that was the weakest line in the movie. Winston Wolf isn't going to say anything that cheesy.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think it shows, to me, that Winston Wolf on the clock is completely business and all that, but away from all that, is just a goof sometimes.

I didn't like that entire portion. After the hosedown until they go get breakfast, I could have done without.

Draft saved Draft deleted