1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pujols whines about MVP snub

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Nov 30, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Have you seen/heard him refusing to give credit to Tom Glavine after an NLCS game?

Have you seen/heard of him stepping on people's toes at his locker and not apologizing?

Have you seen/heard him go into a snit at the most innocous line of questioning?

Stop being a fanboy looser who hates writers because they report the truth about your heroes. It's unbecoming.

Also, I'll bet you any sum you'd like I've gotten off my couch A LOT more in the last, oh, 10 years, than you. Name the price.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Albert Pujols, the next Barry Bonds.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey screw you Oz you're sitting in my assgroove.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The ultimate desperation.... call me a fan of said player.

Has nothing to do with whether you are less of one than me.

Has to do with you consistently applying these childish descriptions to professional athletes... sound like an envious, little, frustrated prick.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, cause it's SO out of line. Anyone criticizes anyone you like = long-winded cursefest.

Well, you would know.

Funny that you avoided the "bet." Pretty much confirms the obvious.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Whether he steps on anyone's toes unapologetically or is abrupt doesn't have anything to do with whether he should be MVP or not. For the record, I don't think voters could have gone wrong either way.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Never said it did.

Only that crying about it is the latest in a long line of petulant behavior by Pujols.

8. dooley_womack1

Yeah, Pujols is the latest in a long line of talented people you think suck.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Where did I say I thought he sucked?

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's what most of us are trying to say about this topic. Both guys were deserving and voters have their reasonings for voting the way they did.

The contention, in case if it was missed dooley, and to second BYH is how Pujols reacted over an award he won in 2005 and was considered to win a second consecutive one. He didn't think that Howard should have earned it. That's fine to say that. It was how he reacted by acting pentulant and bitter about it, in his home base in the Dominican Republic, at a presser set up by the Minister of Sports for the D.R.. It's not like he read that diatribe off of a skit.

And that's bullshit on that last sentence dooley. He's is the latest in a long line of talented people who should be fortunate that a lot of us enjoy watching him do his job everyday. We're just now down with channeling LaRussa and having a hizzy fit. Enjoy the WS title and keep mashing the ball like a potato.

11. dooley_womack1

That seems to say "got what he deserved" to me. Didn't sound like you were arguing that Howard was particulary more worthy than Pujols. Tho your sentiments are milder, I will grant, toward one of baseball's top 10 players than it is toward the NFL's top quarterback and its top linebacker.

And my point, D-3, is that humans are human. So what if he got in a hissy? You don't turn in your desire to compete and win at anything regarding your sport in exchange for a big check. Sure, Pujols could have been classier. But also, this shouldn't be a chit to call in for future votes, and we damn know it will be for a lot of media members.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I still contend that point cost Albert Belle the 1995 MVP won by Mo Vaughn. Eight-vote difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted