1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Puff Puff Vote ... for Herman Cain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Care Bear, Oct 25, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The smoking part is covered, but what about the zombie film grain? And then the weird pop song that comes out of nowhere?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll wager than anyone eating, say, five pieces of pizza per day is a greater health risk than anyone smoking a pack of cigarettes a day.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why? Does every slice of pizza take six minutes off your life? :D

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

A pound a slice.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The smoking man has a checkered past. The hell you say.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/28/cains-cigarette-puffing-aide-has-checkered-past/

Perhaps no one is more responsible for the Georgia businessman's meteoric rise in the presidential polls than Block, a Republican strategist and tea party leader who's left a trail of questionable campaign work behind him.

Block has been accused of voter suppression and was banned from running Wisconsin political campaigns for three years to settle accusations he coordinated a judge's re-election campaign with a special interest group.
    Records show Block has faced foreclosure on his home, a tax warrant by the Internal Revenue Service and a lawsuit for an unpaid bill. He also acknowledges he was arrested twice for drunken driving.
    On the presidential trail, some former Cain staffers say Block broke promises. Traditional GOP strategists have been scratching their heads at his renegade tactics to win the White House, all but ignoring some early states in favor of a book tour and swings through states without early primaries.

Also, what the fuck is this? ("He Carried Yellow Flowers")

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm sorry - but Block sounds like a typical political operative. He's in it to make a buck.
    And I don't see anything "renegade" about Cain's campaign. Giuliani did the same thing - banked it all on Florida. It didn't work, but hell some people still figured him as the favorite until he crapped out in Florida.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I get the feeling the last damn thing Herman Cain wants is actually to become president. He wants to sell his book, and he wants to parlay ex-presidential candidate into a lucrative speaking career. I would think Cain himself has to be shocked how successful this run has been so far.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The look in Block's eyes: "Fuck you, America."
    Never heard of this Nick Searcy fellow. Maybe he got the gig because Chuck Norris wasn't willing to work for scale.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think Bob is right.

My parents are very Tea Party-ish. My mom was ready to vote for Cain until this ad. She thinks it's completely idiotic and embarrassing. Now she says she'll probably end up voting for Obama-- begrudgingly.

She says Perry's an asshole and Romney's a member of a cult. I've already told her how offensive I think her stance on Romney is.

I post this to tell you what might be going through the minds of 'Tea Party Nation.'

10. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I know Nick Searcy mainly as the boss on "Justified." Searcy also was in the Chris Rock movie Head of State....where his character opposed Rock's in a presidential election.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hope Huntsman sticks around - his daughters might be the best selling point his candidacy has.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I can guarantee you, and will bet you anything, that no one in the GOP field will be caught using "the word" in public or private. You're about as paranoid as they come.

Draft saved Draft deleted