1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Publisher, Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Del_B_Vista, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Do you think they will consider recent graduates?

3. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

You're hired! ;D

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

None of this would have happened if Skippy were still around...

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you keep Pickle_Juice down.

6. Del_B_Vista

7. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

I met Jesus three times during my stint at The Herald. Sorry to see him go. He's a great guy. I'll never forgot how he arranged for a gas truck to come to the Herald a few days after Hurricane Wilma to fill the tanks of employees' cars (instead of havnig to wait hours on line for gas).

Good luck (buen suerte), Jesus.
    You'll be missed.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

he arranged the gas truck so his employees could work. it wasn't out of kindness.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

shhh, mgoblue thinks it was because of him.. let him think he's special for a little while longer, k?

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I read an AP report about this and I threw the paper across the room. How the fuck do you take large government payments for placement of propaganda pieces as a reporter and get your job back? When you have crazy as batshit readership who force out a publisher who fired people for being unethical.

Castro was right. Cuban Americans are bigger jack-booted thugs than the real thing.

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Well, the reports are correct in saying the Herald and El Nuevo have always played by different rules. I don't think El Nuevo has ever made any pretense of being objective, it preaches to its choir. But at least its staff is separate from the Herald's. I worked at another place that used to take our stories and translate them into Spanish for the Spanish-language weekly. Lord knows what appeared under my byline.

12. Del_B_Vista

The Miami Herald story says he actually resigned a couple weeks ago, but waited to make the announcement until a replacement was found. Check Romenkesko for your link.

Draft saved Draft deleted