1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Publicist, Versus Network

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, May 6, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

This was actually posted on April 18 on journalismjobs.com under PR listings. I just found it now. Sorry.

Company: VERSUS
    Position: Publicist
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: May 23, 2007
    Job ID: 767345

Description:
    Primary Job Function (summary): This position is responsible for supporting the Director of PR in all aspects of Public Relations at VERSUS.

Primary Responsibilities: •Work with the VERSUS PR Department and the Agency of Record to generate local and national consumer press around OLN’s programming initiatives. Collaborate with VERSUS’ marketing department to create and maintain press and marketing materials for VERSUS. •Work with internal and third-party producers to write press materials, publicize network programming, coordinate interviews, etc. •Perform other related duties or special projects as required.

Job-related Education/Skills/Experience: •BS/BA in PR, Journalism, English or related field preferred. •3-5 years Public Relations experience within the cable network and/or sports industry required •Excellent written and verbal communications skills. •Proficiency in MS Office software. •Highly organized, detail-oriented and deadline driven. •Ability to maintain confidentiality. •Interest in sports and/or outdoor activities a plus.

Versus is an equal opportunity employer.

Apply online at www.versus.com

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I love that this has no responses, except me posting it and what I'm typing right now, but it has had more than 200 looks.

3. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

What's the going rate for a PR guy in this type of job and the director in Stamford, CT?

4. JohnKeene

JohnKeene New Member

Stamford? Isn't there another "sports" company located there...

Draft saved Draft deleted