1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Public Shaming of rioters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 17, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love it.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nathan-Kotylak-go-to-Jail-Do-not-Pass-Go/234642076552969#!/pages/Nathan-Kotylak-go-to-Jail-Do-not-Pass-Go/234642076552969

2. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

While exposing these idiots to public ridicule and expediting their arrest is a good thing, I can't help but feel that those wishing bodily harm on them are missing the point.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Some might say Egypt's liberation has been the most powerful testament to social networking's power to do good in the world. But I'm picking this. Renews my faith in the Internet.

And if Penthouse ever finds the chick who was making out, I'm buying a copy.

4. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/new-photos-of-the-riot-kissers/article2064845/?from=2065018

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Beautiful. Mark Zuckerberg will make a killing off of people posting photos of goons, drunks, murderers, and scumbags on Facebook.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That is fantastic. FB being useful for a change.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Re the kissing couple: They weren't there to do the nasty while the city burned. Other angles show the boyfriend is trying to comfort his girlfriend after she got run over by the riot squad.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Love the comment from the one dippy broad whose only regret that there wasn't a cop inside the burning car.

Trollop.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Send these people to the Middle East. Put them on some kind of detail, cleaning fish or produce.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Boy, for all of the anger and testoserone this generation of 18-24 year olds has you'd think our armed forces in both countries would be overflowing with applications. Maybe if we gave out a free "Tapout" shirt with every enlistment...

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

No, they'd actually have to get up early in the morning and work. That just wouldn't do.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Imagine this current generation of helicopter moms with their sons in the service. "Yeah, Col. Johnson, this is Caylee Dykes; mother of Stephen Dykes. I'bve been following my son's Twitter account and I have some issues with the methods you are using to 'train' my son. First off, I don't see any reason for these children to be 'rousted' out of bed at 0600 when studies have repeatedly shown that at least eight hours of rest is needed for regular day. Given the numerous activities you have scheduled for our children which are much more rigorous than a usual day at a desk job or school, I would think between 10-12 hours of sleep would be ideal. maybe waking them up around 1000 would be better. Additionally, I understand there are rigorous physical activities at this camp. Stephen is constantly complaining on Twitter that he is either 'tired' or 'bored.' Maybe mixing in social activities like giving the soldiers a few hours each day to surf the net or watch Jersey Shore would give them some bonding time while making the Army feel less like....the Army. Thanks for your time, Caylee."

Draft saved Draft deleted