1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Public Relations Manager - Minor League Baseball Team (Lake County Fielders)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by The Cubby Bear, Aug 14, 2009.

1. http://www.lakecountybaseball.com/employment.html

I haven't seen this posted on the board anywhere, but the Lake County Fielders are looking for a PR Manager. The Lake County Fielders are an expansion team in the Northern League that will play it's first season in 2010. The team is located in Zion, IL - about an hour North of Chicago (maybe a little more...). It is owned by the same group that owns/owned the Schaumburg Flyers along with Kevin Costner.

This post is meant primarily for the younger crowd that wants to get into the media relations side of the business. It isn't ideal since it's independent baseball, but it could get a younger kid some decent experience and a paycheck. Don't expect very much in base salary (probably 15K + commissions), and expect to work incredibly long hours.

I'm not going to sugar coat this position - but it is a step in the right direction for a recent college grad (1 or 2 years out of school) that wants to make the leap.

I don't have inside details to this job - though I'm pretty familiar with the ownership group. Still, feel free to PM me for questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted