1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PTI stint ending with fireworks...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Chuck Barkley 5 good minutes on Thursday.... i'll have to ask the chuckster about kobe...

Jay Mariotti sitting in for DLB on Friday.... i won't ask mariotti about ozzie (or my column)....

Should be interesting...

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

PTI reminds me of growing up when my parents fought and screamed and both sides sounded utterly stupid while trying to out-argue the other one. Hate the show.

I do like Around the Horn. Better premise.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just asking, why not?

4. it's over.... old news..... move on. (i don't mean for you to move on.) just explaining why it won't come up.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Jason, when did you tape the "Five Good Minutes" for today's show? I noticed you and LeBatard (err, The Rat) were wearing completely different outfits in that segment.

Maybe this is common practice? I don't watch the show as often as I used to.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Has Mariotti written since then? If he hasn't, then it's not old news.

I'd like to know, and I would think Chicagoans might want to know, what the Sun-Times did or didn't do with him in the aftermath.

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Usually, the fill-ins for Kornheiser and Wilbon don't measure up, but today's PTI was pretty damn good, I must admit.

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

Yeah, not to tell you how to do your job, Jason, but I think you and Jay need to spend 90 seconds debating his alleged homosexuality.

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Can we get a percentage of the amount of Whitlock's posts that concern him? If the effect of people revealing their true identities is a shameless avalanche of self-promotion, please everybody remain anonymous.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Don't forget to read my Clinton Portis piece in next month's Esquire.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And I wrote a column about a taekwondo kid today.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What did he wear to the interview?

Draft saved Draft deleted