1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PTI April Fools

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportshack06, Apr 1, 2008.

1. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Pretty creative and great acting by Tony and Mike..

Best one of the day

For those who missed it, they said that the NCAA had reviewed video from Sunday's KU/Davidson game, and that Collins - who was on Curry in the final play - had fouled out earlier and as a result, they were going to replay the final possession tomorrow in North Carolina.

They broke the news and kept a two minute segment with the usual debating on it. Then broke the real news.

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Yeah, a little cheesy, but I agree, their acting was great.
    So good in fact, there was about half a second where I thought to myself "Did I miss something earlier?" cuz it's been a hectic day.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I fired up espn.com before realizing that they fooled me.

:'( :'( :'(

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Just saw it on the ESPNews replay. Even though I already knew it was a hoax, Mayor McCheese and Mr. Tony were very convincing.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=a3c30244-e0ef-46fc-91b2-ec0ae385a598">Here's the clip.</a>

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Newman and Redford are smiling. That setup would have fooled Doyle Lonnegan.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

One of my favorite movies.

"That's nice work, J.J."

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

OK, that was really, really cool, I must admit, though I typically hate all things April Fools.

Draft saved Draft deleted