1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PSU/Freeh Report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And I guessed right when I picked Secretariat to win the Belmont. What's your point. (BTW, I didn't think Cain had a chance either).

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He's trolling. He's an attention loving whore. Just look at his last alias.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm not defending Joe or the report. I just think that Joe Pa didn't know the whole story and frankly didn't want to know the whole story. It's too easy to throw the dead man under the bus. It takes the focus off of Sandusky, the guy who committed the atrocities.
    As for Conlin, I only stuck up for him as a baseball reporter, not for the creepy crap that forced him to resign.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, you said it. I didn't.

5. sprtswrtr10

sprtswrtr10 Member

THIS, is what it is today

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I mentioned this on the another thread but I just think it's weird as well that the two jobs Sandusky was rumored to be a candidate for back in the late 90s both involved guys who had - or went on to have - ties to Penn State.

He was a candidate to replace George Welsh in 2000. Welsh is a former Penn State guy.

He was a candidate for the Maryland job to replace Ron Vanderlinden in 2000. Vanderlinden was hired as an assistant by Penn State that same year and is still there.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My town has a policy that no public building/park/whatever can be named after a living person.

This is a great example of why.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Once they covered up, they gave all the power to Sandusky. What are they gonna do? Rat him out and risk him telling the authorities everything? Ol' Jer had PSU by the balls once the school chose to keep quiet and do nothing.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

When Sandusky left PSU, I, like many others, was stunned. But I don't think anyone, even those named in the report, knew really what was going on.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I was at Disneyworld with my family in January, and it was funny seeing all the Penn State stuff people were wearing. Tons of them. Probably 30-40 different people over the few days. It was actually more than Steeler gear to put into perspective.

Now, I have season passes for Busch Gardens, and so far my daughter and I have gone twice. I have seen one Penn State logo, on a middle school boy, in my two days there, and I cannot remember seeing too much Penn State anything driving down the road.

I have a feeling 95% of the PSU base has been kicked enough, and they probably feel pretty sick about everything even if they were defending PSU at the start of this mess.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I know that's a policy in many places about naming schools and what have you. It's a good thing to have.

12. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

With regards to the Penn State fan base, my Twitter and Facebook accounts today indicate many of them are still trying to stick up for JoePa and their school.

It's sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.