1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PSU/Freeh Report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

And down goes the statue

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The report is not only an indictment of Penn State and Joe Pa but pretty much blows up any argument the PSU enablers (including those on this board) had about what he knew, when he knew it and the inaction. If they've got any sense, they'll just sit this one out. They've got nothing now.

3. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/12/report-by-former-fbi-director-finds-that-penn-state-disregarded-children/

We Are .... Going to Sweep This Under the Rug and Pretend Like It Never Fucking Happened,, uh, I mean Penn State!"

4. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

I'm sure that's meant for me, Stitch. But being proved right when the facts are known does not mean it's acceptable to tear someone apart because of your hunches. Ask the Duke lacrosse team. Congrats on guessing right though. It's sad to see that Paterno and the others followed the 1998 investigation closely and still didn't throw Sandusky to the wolves after McQueary's report. I was wrong that Paterno only had a little knowledge that Sandusky had a previous dropped investigation so the 2001 report may have been a mistake. Sad that Paterno would ignore these things and just hope they would stop. You guys win. Paterno screwed up. Badly.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Seconded.

I'm being sincere.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Me too, TeamBud. Shows class and maturity on your part.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

STATE COLLEGE, Penn. (AP) -- Pennsylvania State University officials today announced that tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, full-time, part-time, traditional and non-traditional students will be raised to $750,000 per semester effective with the start of the fall 2012 academic term.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Matt Millen is on ESPN and is making me sick. Still defending Paterno.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Congratulations on guessing right? It was the easiest guess anyone not wearing Penn State blinders ever made.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He needs to go blow up another football team. He's more productive to society that way.

11. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Well, the report certainly makes it clear why the Paterno family has been working overtime on CYA spin, PR statements and releasing letters from the grave in the last few days. Because they knew the beloved JoePa was about to be exposed for who he really was.

This has risen far past the Baylor basketball scandal by now, hasn't it?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Good Lord, not only does that statue have to come down but they have to take his name off of the library and any other building it appears on on campus.

At this point no one should be surprised he knew about this but this is just sickening. It's an indictment of not only Paterno but how the university operated for damn near half a century.

It also confirms that if you advocate shutting down the football program you have to advocate shutting down the entire university as well. The "culture" covered every level of the university administration, not just the football program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.