1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PS3 or 360? Please help.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jims242, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I wish I still had my 2600. I pwned Pitfall.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

When I began junior high school, the above device was my pagan god. I worshiped daily. By the time I got out of junior high, girls had become more interesting than video games. And so it shall stay. Don't know whatever happened to the old Atari. I loved Activision hockey, where it was Rangers vs. North Stars for all eternity. But my most vivid memories are of Missile Command. I remember thinking how the six cities at the bottom were, left to right, LA, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta and New York. Now that I think about it, a Cold War video game was kind of creepy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kaboom was the best. Flinging back and forth catching bombs.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Fuck that noise. It was all about River Raid.
    [​IMG]

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Like my NES, my 2600 still works like a charm as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can get a Plug-and-Play version of the 2600 that has Pitfall on it, among other games.

River Raid is also on it, as is bowling and Outlaw. No Kaboom tho.

Like $19.99 or $29.99.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The Atari Flashback 2. Highly recommended.

8. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Kaboom!

http://games.stupid.com/index.php?action=play&id=4499

For the record, I'd go Xbox 360. The PS3 is really struggling. Sony is still actively supporting the PS2 even though the PS3 has been out for a year. It's a powerful machine, but it just hasn't gained any traction in the market. I was a PS1/PS2 owner, but I'm pretty happy having switched over to the Xbox.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At what age do you feel like a tool when you still play video games? I remember a comedian once saying "There are two kinds of guys in this world... Those who can get women and those who play video games..."

I think the exception to this may be the Wii since there appears to be some activity involved... I saw on the news where some physical therapy places were using it to help people through injuries... That's really cool...

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

No Wii here, but my other Wii is doing just fine, thank you. I'm 34 and nope, don't feel like a tool.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think that's an old and unfair stigma, Mizzou. It was born from the generation that grew up in the 70s without video games and, like any older generation, just didn't get what all the fuss was about. It wasn't cool to them to sit in the house and watch an 8-bit ping pong ball bounce back and forth. And, looking back, they were probably right.
    But now, some of these games are almost like interactive movies. And you've had the first generation that's really grown up with these things as a part of their lives since birth. It's not something to be ridiculed anymore, it's just a normal time-wasting hobby. And if you get some friends together to play something on the Wii, or Halo, or a sports game, it's a cheap and easy party. Nothing wrong with that.

Now, the freaks who spend 20 hours a day online playing Warcraft or Halo? Yeah, that's not cool. Not cool at all.

12. Turbo

Turbo Guest

Well, that would explain a lot for me.

Actually, I don't see much of a difference between playing Madden and being in a fantasy league. Not that being in a fantasy league has that much better of an image.

Draft saved Draft deleted