1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protesters storm U.S. Embassy in Cairo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And what a coincidence this is happening on September 11. I mean what are the odds?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Reports are that an American staffer was killed in the attack on the embassy in Benghazi.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/12/american-killed-consulate-benghazi?newsfeed=true

I guess we need to apologize for that too...

3. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Don't know about you guys but I'm tired of apologizing to Muslim radicals.
    Eleven years ago today, Palestinians danced in the street and gave away candy after watching what happened here. I'm sure it went on in other places nearby.

4. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

What if this shit happened at the Russian embassy? It doesn't. They come over the wall, they get warned to halt. If they don't, they get shot.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Um.

www.presstv.ir/detail/225103.html

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tough to reason with fanatics and killers. But the "leader of the free world" can always try.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A possible scenario: Radical leaders want something to happen on 9-11, so they find something the Muslim street will get offended by (which is never hard ... and when it doubt, make something up), then stir the shit and kick back.

That apology pisses me off. There's nothing to apologize for. Who the hell knows what's going to fry their shorts? They live to be offended.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I agree. No apology.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The rest of the world could use a lesson or two from West Virginia on the fine art of couch burning.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

the apology pisses me the fuck off. obama better come out today and denounce the shit out of that apology. next time someone comes over the wall, i hope they start shooting high-caliber rounds at the tune of about 30 a second at those pricks.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

here's the movie trailer. maybe those fucks will storm the gates of sj ... ha:

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The 3 am phone call has come.
    It sounds like the American Ambassador to Libya has been killed by the mobs.

I feel like I'm back in 1979 with Jimmy Carter running the show and radicals walking all over us.

This will get ugly and likely cost Obama the election if he does not handle it right.

Yesterday's apology to Muslims is out there . Should be interesting to see Obama try to walk it back today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.