1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protect yourself, police...Cynthia McKinney is mad!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Aug 9, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hell, I don't even live in Georgia anymore and I'm still laughing my ass off. Good riddence to that mental retarted race-baiting crackpot. Her enterouge is actually taking this loss in stride. When she lost the primary in 2002, her daddy, then State Rep. Billy McKinney informed that same TV station that she lost because "The Jews done bought everything anyway. That ain't nothin'. That's right. Jews. J-E-W-S."

Many years ago, somebody in a wealthy north DeKalb neighborhood put up a sign proclaiming that a statue of Cynthia was coming soon as an April Fools gag.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

A great day for democracy...that ineffectual race-baiting nutcase and Holy Joe Lieberman both got bounced.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I hope like hell you're not lumping Joe Lieberman, who has served 18 years with distinction, with that fruitcake.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're missing a word. I fixed your post.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not sure you're right on that. Too wordy. Anyway, when I need your editing skills, I'll let you know...

Back to McKinney. Here comes the predictable voter irregularities accusations made more difficult because she can't play the race card when being opposed by another African-American.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/elections/entries/2006/08/08/mckinney_allege.html

Cindy, baby...you got beat by 18 percent. Give it up.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Like "quiet."

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Hondo, you're probably right. Hell, I could see circumstances in which I would vote for Lieberman, even though he kind of irks me. And he was Gore's running mate in 2000. McKinney, ugh, I could never ever see myself voting for her. And no way in hell would she be on anybody's short list for VP. I was lumping them together because they're both Democratic incumbents who lost primary elections on the same day and I was glad to see them defeated.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Now this certainly sounds like the musings of a dignified stateswoman.

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

My mom is a happy woman today. She loathes McKinney with a passion.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

nice....
    She lost because of electronic voting AND has no sense of pitch, rhythm or tone...

11. markvid

markvid Guest

From that AJC article:
    Sinkule noted that the complaints were only coming from the McKinney campaign. “We are not having voters saying we are having equipment malfunctions,” Sinkule said.

They posted that there were problems on a blog. You know as sure as we're on this board that her campaign said they would throw out those accusations whether correct or not so if they lose they have a crutch.

12. Sports Producer

Sports Producer New Member

Watch this video produced for a documentary call The Last Plantation.  It was linked on McKinney's website before the election.  It's gone now.  I was horrified that votes might take this as fact.  Would love the hear other opinions.

Draft saved Draft deleted