1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prostitution Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 11, 2008.

?

Which most closely matches your experience and opinion?

1. I have used a prostitute.

27 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No, but I know someone who has.

39 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. Haven't, but I would if I had the coin.

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Nah.

108 vote(s)
    53.5%
  5. Would if it became legal.

19 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't think there is anything morally wrong about prostitution. If it can be sold as a service and the two adults are consenting, more power to you. Should be legal and regulated.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I consider it morally wrong for both parties, but think it should be legal and regulated. People are going to do it no matter what, so may as well protect the health and safety of those who choose to sell or buy sex.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

How can you regulate prostitution? Do you only make it "legal" in Las Vegas, New York City and other places?

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Make it legal everywhere. Issue prostitution permits. Maybe issue john permits. Make them all get tested in order to stay legal.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D ;D

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

But if you film it, with the intent to distribute the film, it's legal...

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There's a lesson to be learned here. Keep your cellphone handy.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Because in that case, neither party is being paid for sex; they're being paid to be in front of the camera.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Prostitution restrictions, like drug laws, are stupid.

Not only would we be protecting X amount of people by making it safe, regulating it, testing it, removing the shady aspects of it, you could tax it and make a boatload of money on it.

Then again, hey, why make prostitution legal when you can simply sit back and laugh at all the people that get arrested. Gotta love police reports.

Heck, even Hugh Grant got a hummer.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I laugh at someone like Spitzer who gets a hooker in friggin' Washington, D.C. Ever heard of Las Vegas? You could have a line of women in the hallway waiting and no one would give a hoot.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas. Parts of Nevada, however, are fair game.

Draft saved Draft deleted