1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prospects Columnist wanted

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by LoveMyTeam, May 5, 2008.

1. LoveMyTeam

LoveMyTeam New Member

Looking to fill the role of Prospects Columnist for LoveMyTeam.com. LoveMyTeam is a baseball fan site geared toward providing the business background that affects the game on the field. Ideal candidate has strong writing skills and strong working knowledge of baseball and needs to fill some holes on their resume. The writer would provide one article a month. No money but a few other benefits possible. The columnist would be able to write pieces of any length, with a wide berth given on subject matter as long as it relates to the minor leagues. The pieces could be player profiles, system profiles even focus on the differences in the leagues or team to team. Really, it would be a space to find your voice and again, build a resume.

If interested send a sample column to baseball@lovemyteam.com

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yay! No money! But other benefits! can I buy money with those benefits?

Fucking vampire.

Someone strike this fucking bullshit from the board, please.

3. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

There's no money... but on my deathbed, do I receive total consciousness?

4. Napolean23

Napolean23 Member

So I says to him, I says "Hey...hey Lamma...how bout a little something, you know, for the effort..."

5. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Yes ... you realize that you should've passed the gig over for something that pays real money ... :)

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well, it is a freelance opportunity. Emphasis on free. If you want something named "LoveMyTeam" on your resume. Love. My. Team.

Our marketplace tends to shake these listings out, which I think can be a more valuable service than just deleting it outright.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No money, but they let you use as many commas as you want.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

What's a comma?

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If you're interested in working for free, come over and cut my lawn. No money, but other benefits include, cutting the lawn, possibly getting a tan, and hanging out with local squirrels.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm there, but only for the squirrels.

11. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

"OK, we'll now open it up with questions for Coach. Just a reminder, please state your name and affiliation before asking your question. We'll start things off with you in the back. Sir, go ahead."

"Yeah, uh, Coach --"

"Sir, could you please state your name and affiliation?"

"Oh, right. Bullwinkle from LoveMyTeam.com"

"From where?"

"LoveMyTeam.com"

"Is this some kind of joke?"

"I don't think so?"

"And what team do you love?"

"No, no. It's LoveMyTeam.com. I don't necessarily..."

"Love your team?"

"Right."

"OK, Sir, go ahead."

"Well Coach, heck of a crowd out there tonight. We were all rooting for you. Did you see me?"

Draft saved Draft deleted