1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prosecutors being hunted down in Texas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"I'm ahead of everybody else because, basically, I'm a soldier," the 23-year Army veteran boasted in an interview less than two weeks ago.

McLelland also went about 300 pounds. Hard for even a soldier to move fast at that weight, and in his 60s, too. Last night's story said it looked as if a door had been kicked in, so the shooter(s) apparently came in hard and fast.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually - whether they're Mexican cartel thugs or Neo-Nazi skinheads - there's an excellent chance they won't live long enough to be arrested.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

and why's that?

4. Armchair_QB

Because they won't be taken alive.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

meh, skinheads are overrated.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I know Ben desperately wants it to be true, but I'd be pretty surprised if Mexican drug dealers were behind this. There was a story in Texas Monthly (or maybe it was the Atlantic, I don't know, those are my two airport go-to magazines) a couple years ago about how well they self-police on this side of the border just to avoid trouble. Story was set in El Paso with the theme of how much safer it is there than across the border in Juarez. Really they just want to keep doing their thing and making money, and they aren't going to go pick a fight that's going to prevent that.

Ben's coming from the same place as the Arizona governor who talked about the as-yet-unconfirmed beheadings in the desert.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, the eyewitness account of the Hasse shooting ID'd two white men. So there's that.

8. Armchair_QB

And given what we know of eyewitness reports at recent tragedies that means we should probably be looking for one Filipino female in a wheelchair.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

maybe ben has sources on the street.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just a little background ... Kaufman may be rural, but it's not that far from the bright lights of Dallas. It's about 15 to 20 miles from the suburban outskirts of Big D. So this is a helluva long way -- like maybe 6+ hours of haulin'-ass driving (in the left lane) -- from Mexico.

11. Armchair_QB

Interstate 20 also runs through the county. While drug lords probably aren't the culprits here it certainly wouldn't be a surprise if the DA had prosecuted people who were stopped transporting large quantities of drugs thru the county.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That, and-or the deep thinkers who conceived and ordered the hits will look on the actual triggermen as loose ends/ loose cannons/ possible stoolies, and will want them scrubbed as well.

If you've already ordered the murder of a prosecuting attorney, you're in deep enough shit already that having some skinhead hitmen or drug mules rubbed out won't make it any worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.