1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Props to our friends north of the border

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Power play was one of my favourite shows. Dean McDermott's claim to fame before Tori Spelling. I never missed an episode.

2. same here... I had forgotten dean mcdermott was on that.. he was simpson or something, yes?? the main player lead nonetheless...
    i liked the coach (neil crone) and duff... two wackjob characters

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Yes, McDermott was Simpson. Do you remember the other main player that was Simpson's friend? I can't remember his name for the life of me. Duff and coach were
    exactly what the show needed...two kooks. I wasn't keen on Kari Matchett on the show, but my opinion of her changed when she was on Invasion.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Power Play was terrific. Featured Michael about the only Canadian "that guy".

5. a`quick job on google makes me believe it was maplethorpe...
    i think the thing i liked about it best was the fact i was so close to hamilton and the whole dream the nhl would come :p
    plus seeing thr familiar sites and sounds of steeltown and copps (including the areas where you arent allowed to travel as a teen wiht your friends and get kicked out going there while looking for leafs brass during a bulldogs vs. maple leafs ahl game lol)

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Set me up a twofer of Moosehead and a Cowboy Junkies CD, and I'm there.

7. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Whatever became of The Goodies (I think) and my favorite game show, It's the Law? OK, that's going back to circa 1978-79 for some of you older CBC/CTV viewers.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Beautiful work, HC. Beautiful.

Draft saved Draft deleted