1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proposal ideas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GVLakerGuy, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i put the guard back on mine after "the incident."

2. pallister

pallister Guest

tp, you'd be much cooler with a hook for a hand. It would have been the talk of Seattle.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Yeah, but his wife would hate him.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you know i'd patch the fucking eye.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't forget the parrot.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I proposed over the radio. We were seniors in college, and she was a DJ at the school's radio station. I bought the ring, then on one of her shifts I had a friend videotape me barging into the studio as she comes on air after a song to read a news report or something. Heart pounding out of my chest, I tap her shoulder as she's speaking into the mic. She's startled, but sees the ring box and the cameraguy and realizes what's going on. I get on one knee, pull the mic down to my level and pop the question. But before I can put the mic up to her, she (crying hysterically) says yes. The station manager takes over the rest of the shift and we take off for dinner.

Later, our families (who knew of the plan and were listening online) jokingly asked 'Well, what did she say?' because her answer didn't get picked up by the mic.

Anyway, I don't know if something like that is possible -- interrupting her at work or something, so it's in front of some of her friends (assuming she likes the people she works with).

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ask her at the halftime of a gvsu dodgeball game. I think they defend their national title sometime this month.

Half of that was serious.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

arrgggh.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Tie the ring to your balls with your pubes and ask her to go down on you.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

WINNAR!

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Buddy of mine always said he'd know when he found the right woman when he, sitting in a recliner watching TV, would shout over, "Hey, wanna get married? Ring's on the counter if you want it."

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Rarely does something make me fall outta my chair, but you, sir, have done it!

BRILLIANT!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted