1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof that we are the most litigious society on earth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 18, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why don't we sue Ragu for posting this stupid story? :)

2. People think this lawsuit is clogging the courts, but an idiot cop who busts someone for STANDING IN ONE PLACE is not.
    Weird.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They're cops.

They're always right and must be obeyed.

Not weird.

Symptom of the times.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've nearly come to blows with stupid people who think the middle of store aisles or walkways are the proper place to have family meetings, or just stop to talk about the cute shirt they just bought.

FUCKING WALK, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You don't understand. PEOPLE HAD TO WALK AROUND HIM!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not to mention people who STAND on the left hand side of an escalator.

Move to the fucking right or get walking. :)

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's my motto.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Really, I don't see the need to arrest the guy. Didn't the cop have a Taser?

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I give a pass to tourists, as annoying as they are, because they just don't know any better. Businessmen in expensive suits, on the other hand; people who seem to think whatever they're doing is far more important than anything anyone else is trying to do, well, that's when I really get tough ....If they're having a conversation in the middle of a crowded sidewalk, I'll often make a point of walking in between them. If I'm feeling more passive aggressive than usual, I'll even step on a nicely polished tassel loafer.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This pisses me off to no end. I've been known to literally yell "EXCUSE ME" when someone just stands on the left side of an escalator like an idiot. I wanted to kill this one guy who was a subway system employee who started giving me grief when some fucking tourist family was blocking the left side when I was trying to walk up the left.

Anyone who doesn't think there's anything like subway rage hasn't seen forever_town being held up by the Idiot Class.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

If Rudy were still Mayor the guy would have been beaten and sodomized. Then the mayor would have found out he had previous unpaid parking tickets and acted like the cops were doing their job busting some criminal.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Was he arrested for standing in one place? Or arrested for ...
    Threatening to arrest him for blocking traffic on a Times Square sidewalk is stoopid, to be sure, and I'll agree with the poor pedestrian in this case. But to tell people he was arrested for 'standing in one place' is dishonest. That's not what he was arrested/cited for.

And if taking a couple of steps to go around someone is something to get worked up over, I'll just say you have much bigger problems than the person standing in your way.

Draft saved Draft deleted