1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof that Iraq has been an abject failure.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 10, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Zag -

Since you seem to be in rare form today, let me ask a question based on your observation.

Knowing that, what did you do to stop it?

2. He didn't know dick.
    Please don't encourage him.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well I didn't go all the way to the length of posting silly pictures of sinking ships on the internet, but I did write a letter to both my senators, my congressman and the white house expressing my complete disagreement with the decision to invade Iraq. I also have NOT voted for any person -- rep or dem (yeah, despite Fenian's pathetic attempts at revising history, a whole bunch of them were marching side by side with the Prez as well) -- who voted for this ridiculous and utterly useless war.

Of course, that probably wasn't nearly as effective as posting the rants of every goofball from the Bush-hating lunatic fringe on SportsJournalists.com and acting as if they are gospel has been, but I tried.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Wow, zagoshe. I actually agree with you on a whole lot of stuff. I'm not sure that has ever happened to me while reading a political thread on this site.

5. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Nice response, Zag.

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Up until the nonsense about the "lunatic fringe," yeah, it was a good response.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The subject line here is unclear. This is proof that the Iraqi government is an abject failure.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

No wonder you're sprouting gray hairs [/ducking]

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Slappy, old buddy, old pal, he wasn't trying to defend the family name. He was trying to prove that he was better than his dad. The rest is left to history.

To say he was looking out for his dad would be the same as stating he cared for anyone outside his tight little circle. And we know what's happened there.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I appreciate the honesty and civility of your answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted