1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Projected A-SG starting line-ups

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jul 2, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Can't Jeter play short and third and bat second and fifth? He's that good, right?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That was quite a swing. I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, but I also find it hard the fans would wait until the last second to vote him into the lineup. I know Selig wasn't behind it, but what a marketing ploy. ...

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wouldn't be opposed to that rule. But one of my favorite All-Star memories is Charles Nagy beating out an eighth-inning, infield single in the All-Star Game in 1992. I don't know why, but that picture's stayed with me since I was 9.

4. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

?????

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love the All-Star game. Funny thing is I couldn't tell you who won last year or what the score was. What's the over/under on time for the Home Run Derby? I've got 4 hours, 10 minutes.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

American League

1. Carlos Guillen, P (PROBABLY to be replaced by Santana in the bottom of the 1st, unless Ortiz bats, in which case Guillen will go to 1B. Basically the new pitcher will be subbed out for whoever ended the prior inning. This way you get guys who might only get 1 AB in and out of the game early, and you never have a pitcher bat).
    2. Ichiro Suzuki, CF
    3. Derek Jeter, SS
    4. Vladimir Guerrero, LF
    5. Magglio Ordonez, RF
    6. David Ortiz, 1B
    7. Mike Lowell, 3B
    8. Pudge Rodriguez, C
    9. Placido Polanco, 2B

National League
    1. Chase Utley, 2B
    2. Jose Reyes, SS
    3. Carlos Beltran, RF