1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Nov 14, 2007.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Kevin wasn't allowed to tend bar during last night's show. Turns out none of the contestants are allowed to watch it in a public place. But he did arrive as soon as it was over, to loud applause from the patrons.
    Any other night it's a neighborhood sports bar, but on Wednesdays the TV sets are all turned to Project Runway. There's even a raffle with 15 minutes to go in the show -- select the person you think will be eliminated, winner gets a $50 gift certificate for the bar.
    Here was the tie-breaker:
    1. How old was Kevin when he lost his virginity?
    2. What famous renaissance painter's work is tattooed on Kevin's upper arm?
    3. What brand of sneakers does Kevin wear while he tends bar?

(I don't know the answers. I picked Sweet P so didn't get to play the tie-breaker.)

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

How could Kevin, who had 3 nice pieces, lose to a guy with 2 crappy pieces?

Okay, the shirt would've been cool with jeans... but the pants sucked.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Alright, that sucks. Chris actually has talent. Ricky is just terrible. He shoulda been voted off because he was in the bottom two last week. I thought Chris' dress looked good. The jacket was "total costume" like Christian said, but what are you gonna do with shoulder pads? Ahhh, they fucked up this week. I bet Ricky's gone soon.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If Ricky makes it too much further, I'll be shocked. He's been in the bottom three for three of the four challenges.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Donna Karan needs to lay off the bad plastic surgery.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Chris designed the only two pieces I would buy in a minute--the purple evening gown in Week 1, and last night's camel dress minus the dopey jacket. LOVED that camel dress.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was certain Ricky would get the boot last night and deservedly so. The fact that he's been in contention for elimination so many times should figure into the decision. I've noticed that before on PR. Each challenge seems to be discrete, which seems odd to me.

8. Chris definitely got hosed. I think the Future Mrs. Omar said it best about Ricky's team's collection: "It looked like a Crayola box threw up on them."

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

If you read the fine print at the bottom of every show, it says the producers have input as to who goes.

Rickey stayed because he cries. He makes good TV. As such, you can bet Christian will be in the final 3.

Chris is an excellent designer.

Let's do predictions right now for the final 3.

I'm gonna go with Christian, Romi, Kit.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Jack, Rami, but I'm torn on a third between - Jillian or Victorya

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Rami, Victorya, Jillian and Christian are the best, but at least one of them will get screwed on some idiotic challenge like Diana did in season two (she's the one who designed the best outfit in Chloe's winning collection during fashion week)

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think it'll be Rami, Christian and Alisa (Elisa?), because there's always somebody who gets through to the final who probably shouldn't, such as Wendy Pepper in Season 1.

Draft saved Draft deleted