1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Carmen should go for not even making a shirt.

The little blonde, whose name escapes me, should win.

2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

That was "Kit Pistol". Her ensemble was good, but I liked Kevin's the best. What would have been super-awesome, but incredibly unfair, would have been to have Tiki introduce the challenge, but bring Ronde in to do the actual judging.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ricky should have been ousted. He was one of the bottom two in a previous episode. The show ought to boot your ass if you're one of the dregs in consecutive weeks, or twice in a span of three weeks.

Oh, and Tiki Barber, you're really not that cool. Nobody gives a shit about The Today Show.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I was just impressed he didn't take a shot at Coughlin during the episode.

"I dress well, but conservatively. Unlike that asshole Tom Coughlin."

5. Herbert Anchovy

"I would look like a total fool if I wore this on The Today Show."

Nobody except for the one straight guy knew who the hell the "legendary Tiki Barber" was.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Actually he wasn't. He's never been in the bottom 2. He was in the bottom 3 on the first episode for being boring (the black slip dress), but not the bottom 2.

The red dress he designed in episode two might have been the only thing from that challenge I'd actually wear.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Bottom three, then.

More than one designer complained about having no experience with menswear, but Ricky complained about it more loudly than anyone.

He's squalled at least twice. And he's due for a substantial breakdown, which is at least a part of why he's still on the show, IMO.

I can't believe I'm arguing about this. Hey, I enjoy the show. And I don't even like design or reality television. I barely even like clothing.

8. sportschick

This group is the biggest bunch of bawlers I've ever seen. I think when SJP was on, at least 3 of the guys cried.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Catty bunch, too.

That one dry-humored guy who was talking about panic (his name eludes me) is looking like this year's Kayne, the good-natured sort who just rolls with everything and is able to laugh about it.

When a designer is in real deep shit, like the top candidate for getting sent home, you can pretty much read it in Tim's eyes. I picked that up tonight. He looked pretty well flabbergasted when he took a glance at Carmen's work, and he'd been good at disguising it in the past. Or maybe her item was just transcendently bad.

10. sportschick

Very catty. I think it's Christian. He's like the worst catty girl from junior high.

And Carmen's outfit was atrocious. She didn't even have a shirt. It was awful. Ricky's wasn't finished, but at least all the pieces were there.

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

The Canadian version of this show is such a hoot. What a cast of characters.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Her item was THAT BAD. When Tim says basically "There is nothing to salvage here, start over" like 24 hours into it? That's a REALLY bad sign. Normally he'll just suggest a new way to do a sleeve or something, or say "Make it work!" This one, he was just ... done with it. And so was Tiki's wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted