1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway All Stars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jan 5, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Can't wait for my Mondo fix.

Anyone else watching?

2. imjustagirl

P.S. Those shorts were not what I meant by a Mondo fix.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We didn't really care for it. Might give it one more shot, just based on the previews.

I can get past the fact there's no Heidi, but Tim Gunn is the glue-guy on the real Project Runway and that cold fish from Marie Claire who was doing the workroom thing in his stead is no substitute.

4. imjustagirl

Yeah, not in love with her.

Also think it's funny that after he signed up for the Bravo PR replacement "The Fashion Show" or whatever it was called, that PR would bring Isaac Mizrahi on as a judge. And in the previews, I can't WAIT for the "It's Austin SCARlett" "Oh, did I say STARLET????" exchange. Delicious catty little bitches.

5. HejiraHenry

Yes, we caught that too. So it's worth another look .. barely.

And at least its just 60 minutes and not padded out to 90.

(I disagreed with the judges on who got voted off, too. The craftwork on the towel dress was much worse that on whatever the hell that other thing was. I didn't care for it, but at least it appeared well crafted. And she has a point of view.)

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they brought in new judges because they wanted fresh faces looking at these people (and especially after what happened Michael Costello's season when he was continually thrown under the bus). But the judges and host, it seemed, were really stunted and didn't transition well. The show definitely moved more smoothly with Heidi and company.

Also, someone explain to me why any of these people deserves a guest editor position at Marie Claire? WTF?

I'm glad to see Jerell and Mondo back. Austin is just bitchy and I kinda love it (but I hated the bitchiness of Joshua last season, so it might wear off after a bit). and I still want to stab Kenley with a sharp object.

7. imjustagirl

Bumping my own dead thread, but seriously? Those mom pants were "impeccably tailored" and "the best thing on the runway tonight?"

Seriously? They were pleated, high-waisted khakis. My MOM wouldn't wear them.

8. HejiraHenry

DVR'd the latest one. We have continued to watch it because, hell, we've had fun sitting together and watching it.

Draft saved Draft deleted