1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jul 24, 2011.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The poufy blue dress with the awful blue top.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I actually didn't hate the IDEA of the top. But it was weird. And yes, the skirt was terrible.

But at some point, if you're in the bottom two in each of the first two challenges, it's probably time to go.

3. HejiraHenry

Yes, I always have to keep in mind that they're looking at everything in some context.

What do you make of Miss Trinidad? They were very skeptical of her in the audition show, but she has done pretty well so far.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The blue weewee pad skirt was beyond horrible. At least the little dress that lost had a good fit.

And the winning dress looked atrocious on the model. The birdseed dress was awesome.

Trying to understand the preview of next week, was Heidi on stilts??

5. imjustagirl

It appeared that way. Which was doubly impressive, since if you put me on those, I'd land on my face.

The Trinidadian girl has impressed me. For someone who didn't know how to sew a year ago, to have done what she's done with the materials with which she's done it? Impressive.

But Oliver's winning top pissed me off. Tim: "Don't just use a dog bed." Oliver: "I will use a dog bed."

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

What pisses me off is Olivier's affected accent.

7. imjustagirl

Hey! He's cultured! He said so!

8. SpeedTchr

They sent the only (?) straight guy home and gave the win to a car seat cover and wood chippings. Arrrrgggghhhh.

9. HejiraHenry

I wonder if they're circus stilts or those things painters use or what. Very odd.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Bert's straight. He's said he's married with some kids at home.

I finally got caught up, thanks to the wonder that is DVR. Is it just me or is the bitchiness WAY OFF THE FUCKING SCALE this season? In the last team challenge, everyone was out there, throwing everyone else under the bus. Just so catty, almost all of them.

I like Kimberly so far. She seems really down to earth. I can't really figure out why everyone hates Bert. I don't feel like they've given him a chance because of his age. Laura Kathleen is also a really good designer, along with Victor. Aside from those three, I could care less about the rest of them.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Officially excited! I saw a commercial during tonight's Project Runway episode...they are having an All-Stars season starting in November. Super excited for the returns of Austin Scarlett, Rami, Jerrel and Mondo. :D

Coming back are: Austin Scarlett (S1), Kara Janx (S2), Elisa Jimenez (S4), Rami Kashou and Sweet P (S4), Jerell Scott and Kenley Collins (S5), Gordana Gehlhausen (S6), Anthony Williams and Mila Hermanovski (S7), April Johnston, Michael Costello and Mondo Guerra (S8).

link

12. SpeedTchr

Errrr, not quite:

""WATERMARK: In a way, Project Runway has been your comeback to the fashion world after leaving the industry in 1989. Why did you leave for so long?
    BERT KEETER: I lived in New York in the mid-80s, during the whole AIDS epidemic. I had some really close friends that I had known since high-school. I actually introduced the two of them and they ended up being lovers for 17 years. They both had AIDS and died a day apart from one another in 1989. That really hit me hard and then my partner, John, was diagnosed with HIV and he died in 1992.""

http://www.watermarkonline.com/w-living/a-minute-with/item/6520-a-minute-withbert-keeter

Bert had some great designs this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted