1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Week 2.

This is where my fashion sense becomes most apparent: I didn't really like the pant thingy that won. In fact, I was more partial to the red dress with the zipper. However, when I saw the pant thingy on the billboard, I agreed it looked quite good up there.

When Heidi said, "Nee-KO-loss, you are also out." Boom goes the dynamite.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ninety minutes is a bit much even with so many designers.
    It could get awful when they get down to five or six. What the hell are they going to fill that airtime with? More of Mondo wishing he wasn't cursed with his talent?
    And the guy who got kicked off would like to remind you for one final time — he's straight and you know that because of his awesome hat.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bump.

I liked the outfit that won. I liked the designer who designed it. That person's comments on camera are always awesome. Apparently, said designer is not NEARLY as popular with the rest of the cast. Yikes.

I did like the one outfit they all thought was in the top but was in the bottom.

Can't argue with the bottom two, nor with who went home.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just caught up. I want to stab that girl who thinks she knows everything.

I liked the last two challenges, although the party store episode was a knock-off of the episode where the guy made the dress out of plastic cups but the paper coffee filter skirt won instead.

I hate hats but cool idea. They should do something like with psycho shoes.

5. imjustagirl

Psycho shoes, you say?

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm over Gretchen. I liked the girl from Cleveland (whom I always somehow confuse with Ivy) but am now kind of over her too after her cattiness toward Michael C.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

An Alexander McQueen tribute episode:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. imjustagirl

I want that weird slipper pedestal thing.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Just caught up. Gretchen is one of the better villains they've had in the past few seasons.

Even though Christopher Collins' last design was poorly styled, i really like him as a designer.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What, no commentary on Tim Gunn's epic takedown of Gretchen last night.
    He just unloaded and it was awesome.
    Maybe the best episode of Project Runway I have ever seen.

10. imjustagirl

I was so caught up in discussing it on Facebook that I forgot to bring it here. It was fantastic. And the look on their faces when they were like 'Hey, he's right!" were awesome.

Sheep.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Best ever episode of Project Runway.

Man, that Ivy sure thinks she's better than she is.

Good for Tim Gunn. Love that guy.

“I fundamentally do not understand your behavior and demeanor and affect on the runway. I don’t get it. I don’t know why you allowed Gretchen to manipulate, control, and bully you. I don’t understand it.”

Sweet.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Finally caught up. Hard to imagine anyone with a design background could look at that 'luxe' collection and think it worked in any way. They went for Calvin Klein and ended up with Calvin Coolidge...boring saggy menswear.

I really thought the lace collection was going to end up looking like Dollar Day at H&M, very tacky and silly. Love what they did with those pieces.

I wonder if we would have seen Tim's rant in the old 60 minute format. The editing seemed really rushed and choppy this week, like they had so much to cram in there. Even when Kors says his weekly 'Hi Guys,' they usually let the designers respond 'mumble mumble michael mumble...' but they cut away immediately. Obviously they had a lot of great material to use elsewhere.

I think someone is going to stab Gretchen in her sleep with a pinking shears.

Draft saved Draft deleted