1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 29, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

New season starts tonight.....just realized I never watched the last 4 episodes from last season, still saved in the DVR. I guess I should just move on.

Format changed to 90 minutes, which seems excessive. Still can't find the Lifetime Channel, although I think there are 15 versions on my cable package.

Anyone still watching? I love the show, but it's been a long time since this was a must-see.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've skipped the last season or two (bad sign that I'm not sure). 90 minutes is a dealbreaker for me. Guess I'll just stick with whatever crap Bravo has on (Bethenny Getting Married? for the next few weeks.)

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, I'm still watching. DVR is set. Even if I hate most of the people, it's still worth it for Tim Gunn.

4. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I'll admit I completely tuned out last season. The one before when they moved to LA/reduced Michael and Nina's presence killed me. I suspect if I stick my nose back in and they're back in New York, my love will rekindle.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

They were back in New York last season! ;D

I watched the whole season marathon-style one weekend a couple of months ago.

After the finale, I wanted so badly to come here and vent.

Are you ready for this? The winner-- the WINNER, okay?-- based his collection on -- his words -- "1940s German and Russian military."

Excuse me? What does 1940s German and Russian military say to you?

Do you know what the colors were? Red, black and white.

Nobody said a damn thing! God, Tim. Michael Kors, come. the. fuck. on.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What were the handbags made of, human hair from concentration camps??

Will give this season a try, but 90 minutes is a long time watch psychos fight over bolts of tulle at Mood.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, I watched. It was long.

Interesting that Tim loved the dress that got gonged.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I also loved the dress that got gonged. She was right, it was a little too full at the bottom, but I liked it a lot. And how can Michael Kors gong her for sideboob when Casanova's was ALL BOOB?

I loved Casanova at first (who doesn't love a man wearing red slacks in GCT?), and then he said he wanted to grab NYC by the BALLS or some such. But then, he was just tragic. His dress was possibly the worst thing I've ever seen. I can't believe they gave him a second chance.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think they felt bad for Casanova because they chopped up his $1030 Dolce pants.

Odd shortage of African-Americans in this cast. Seems to be a major invasion of Christian Siriano wannabe's, young 'characters' with really fucked up hair. On the other hand, Lilly Pulitzer from Lake Forest is an odd choice for this show, but we shall see.

10. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

My hope is the go to 90 minutes will let them feature more time on the runway. Sometimes in the past I felt like I barely saw the also-ran designs. More time on the judges' comments and on the process in the workroom would be cool as well. I'll be watching online, so I suspect it won't be as much of a bear to sit through as the full 90-with-commercials slog.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was catching up on my fashion magazine reading today and in the (I think) July Marie Claire, they had an interview with this guy, as well as photos of his clothes. The article said that his collection caused "a minor scandal." He replied, "It was intentional to a degree. It had nothing to do with politics or the Nazi party, but I knew that as soon as I said it, people would start talking. A little controversy never hurt anybody."

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

90 minute show = More stuff I have to zap through to get to the 12-16 minutes of each show that really counts.

Draft saved Draft deleted