1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 14, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You? A housewife? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Not even in their questionable way of defining housewife.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You are so lucky my internet just went down.

I'll be back.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, where were we. Oh. Yeah.

I WOULD SO BE A GREAT HOUSEWIFE!!

If Bethany Frankel can be a Housewife, I sure as hell can be a Housewife.

Week One--on a tip from my sister (who is auditioning for the fifth time to be on Real Housewives of the Bat Mitzvah Circuit), I learn my mother is on her broomstick headed for my town and the Goldfarb wedding, so I decide to catch a flight and surprise Boom. Incredibly, he has the same idea and decides to catch a flight to surprise me. Instead, he surprises my mother, who is in my kitchen when he arrives. Just in time, as she has turned on the oven to bake a kugel, unaware that I use my oven to store out-of-season shoes. I, on the other hand, spend the weekend at Boom's, going through his dresser searching for pictures of old girlfriends, I know they have to be somewhere.

Week Two--Head to Super Bowl, try to get Housewives camera crew into Leigh Steinberg's annual party. Dance with Harry Carson at the SI gala, no one else knows who he is. Mingle with player wives, discuss possibility of Real Housewives of the NFL. Warn Boom about dangers of smuggling Cuban cigars onto domestic flights, does he listen, no. Tape of show to be reviewed by TSA before he can fly again within the US.

Week Three--On orders of Bravo production staff, I am forced to wear lowcut Sky halter tops in the pressbox. Unfortunately, Whitlock is there, and spontaneously turns white. Production suspended pending outcome of investigation.

4. imjustagirl

I stand corrected. :D

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Loved this burlap bag challenge...some of these designers are really talented.

But how can you keep a designer whose dress exposes the entire butt?

6. imjustagirl

My question, exactly. Plus, it just wasn't put together very well.

I'm surprised they kept the guy who basically shat on Tim Gunn's advice and kept the skirt of no burlap. But yeah, the denim-looking one made that woman's hips look like mine.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

True. But an outfit that makes a model looks fat it much better than an outfit that shows off her bare ass or one that didn't follow the rules of the challenge.
    She got screwed. At least she knows how to follow instructions

8. imjustagirl

When Tim has to have knee and hip replacement surgeries, I hope he sends the bill to Seth Aaron.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Just in time for the first of two "finale" episodes, I ran through the whole season last night, aided by my DVR, several bottles of Purple Haze and the A.V. Club's reviews.

A couple of the challenges I really liked – the potato sack and hardware store, in particular. We failed to DVR the mom/daughter episode, but it seemed interesting, too.

Overall, a much better show than last year ... although there's no clear hero/villian dynamic like last season, which I thought tended to elevate it a bit at the end.

For me, it was worth the price of admission for the "bowl of hair" dress in the four elements challenge, and for the ass flap in the potato sack challenge.

A big complaint about last season was the inconsistent judging. That seems to be a bit of an issue this season, even though the three core judges have been there throughout. SPOILER ALERT: I thought they messed up giving the win to the garbage bag dress in the hardware challenge when Maya's was better. If she wins there, maybe she doesn't quit. ... And Mila shoulda gotten more heat for that make-your-own-textile challenge, because the poor model could barely walk.

Certainly all four of the finalists had great technique. Jay's downfall seemed to be bringing three too-similar pieces to the final challenge. If Mila will come out and rock some color, she'd be a contender just for surprising the judges some more. The judges really like Seth Aaron's stuff, so it'll be interesting to see what he did with Tim's advice. Emilio ... meh. I liked what he did in the make-your-own textile challenge a lot, though, and it took stones to send a model down the runway in a bikini made up of nothing but a big-ass roll of plumbing washers.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Bumped. Last episode is tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted