1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 14, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one still watching this?

After all those really insanely bad copycat shows on Bravo, looking forward to the real deal. Also, finally found Lifetime channel on my TV, so we're all set.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I DVRed it. I'll watch it here in a few and get back with you. :D

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I knew I could count on you. 8)

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm in. Will have thoughts tomorrow.

5. imjustagirl

I have full thoughts, but will hold them until everyone's seen if that's preferable.

But...suspenders??

6. imjustagirl

Also, not loving Heidi's hair. Don't know why. But not.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

After last season, I have really low expectations.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The winning dress was adorable, but my favorite was the first one down the runway, with the big belt.

There were plenty that could have been on the bottom. I actually liked the long brown crocodile gown, in a retro skanky kind of way, which says way too much about me. 8)

9. imjustagirl

Me too. :D

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Do this season's contestants seem like they have talent? I didn't really enjoy last season (or the one before it, actually) so I planned to take this season off, but now I'm rethinking.

11. imjustagirl

I really liked Seth Allen's drawings and pics during the intro, but HATED his dress (even though they all loved it). I think it's like most years, where there are some who are obviously out of their depth, but there are others who are REALLY conceptual and others who just look like really good designers.

I'd say give it a show or two. See what you think.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I've had the feeling that all of these reality contests--Project R, Top Chef, the copycat stuff--sort of tumbled in the direction of casting interesting 'characters' instead of the most talented. Definitely true of Bravo's god awful 'The Fashion Show' and the latest vomitfest, 'Launch My Line.'

But this current PR cast seems to be more talented than eccentric, so I'm feeling better about the whole thing.

Still waiting for an offer to star in Real Housewives of Sports.

Draft saved Draft deleted