1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Playlist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Jan 25, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Active Member

Hey folks,

Great website for the musically inclined.

Create your own playlists from music on the web. As I type, I'm listening to some Elliot Smith, followed by MuteMate, Fleetwood Mac, Ray Charles and then a little more Fleetwood Mac. F_T and Tom Petty would love it!

www.projectplaylist.com

Just add your own songs via search.

Nice, the oldies section is about to come on The Flamingos, Dell-Vikings, Al Green, Jackie Wilson and the cadillacs. I am my father's son.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The first band I entered has two words and the first one is "Arcade."

137 songs.

Not too shabby.

3. GBNF

GBNF Active Member

Tell me about it...

Just listened to Pavarotti's Nessun Dorma.

Great site.

4. Football_Bat

This. Is. Fucking. Awesome.

I just got done with a little Joy Division; now it's time for some Killers.

I've got the day free, so I'm gonna get drunk and play with myself this site all day. :D

5. GBNF

GBNF Active Member

HAHAHA nice, very nice.

My only problem is I get on these little kicks where I search five songs of the same genre, then stop. Then five more.

So in order:

I have my random songs.
    I have my classic rock - Fleetwood Mac, Janis Joplin, The Who, Led Zep
    I have my rap - Tupac, Notorious BIG, etc.
    I have my oldies
    I have my country

and when it's on random play, I feel like I'm in a time machine. Everything at once. I love this shit.

OH, and for Tom P and Forever T

http://search.playlist.com/tracks/fleetwood-mac

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I prefer pandora.com. Same type of thing. You put in an artist, song or genre, and it creates a "radio station." You can skip to the next song at any time, and you can rate "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" for a song and it will tailor the station to what you like and dislike.

I have about six or seven stations set up and put them on random mix. You hear a lot of songs you already know and like, but you also get introduced to a lot of new music that is picked to match your taste.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

PP is fantastic. I have had a playlist for about a year now...it used to be you could only have 75 tracks per, but they recently increased the amount to about 100 now. Easy to use, fast, addictive, and fun. It's also very simple to post your chosen playlist on myspace or facebook too.

The only problem with this site is links will break down on a fairly consistant basis. So if you add 10 songs, the odds are 1-3 will not play in the next week or two.

8. GBNF

GBNF Active Member

Damnit man, I know what you mean.

I added Citizen Cope two weeks ago and it's already gone.

9. I believe that launchcast predated them all. Yahoo bought them shortly after they grew in popularity. I used to listen to it every day at work, but once I got the ipod and sattelite radio, it's been a while since I last logged in.

GBNF, I am my fathers son as well. Love the 50's and 60's music.

10. Football_Bat

It's Led-Zep-alooza right now.
    Babe-babe-babe-babe....

Draft saved Draft deleted