1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professors sue college over Adam and Eve stance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 21, 2014.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That is at the crux of the lawsuit - they don't like it otherwise they wouldn't be suing over the fact that it has been imposed on them.

The "grounds" for their lawsuit is they are trying to come up with some procedural nonsense about the by-laws.

I read the fucking story.

I deal in reality.

Reality is these two professors don't like it and are whining.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nope.

3. zagoshe

Yep.

And the one professor who didn't like it (GASP THE HORROR) went and got another job at another school. Imagine that.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Nope.

5. Dick Whitman

You said that the suit should be thrown out, because the religious institution has a right to hold its own beliefs.

No one is disputing that it does. The legal argument has nothing to do with that.

6. zagoshe

The suit should be thrown out on the grounds that it is idiotic, grandstanding and frivolous not too mention these two professors just sound silly.

7. zagoshe

And your original post about "stone age stance" and "is it 1814" had nothing to do with the legal argument and everything to do with the fact that you think the college's mission statement is idiotic

8. Dick Whitman

How is it frivolous?

9. Dick Whitman

Correct.

10. zagoshe

Cite?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Justice Zag's learned opinion notwithstanding, wouldn't Bryan's acceptance of federal funds for its students put it on the hook to some degree in this case? They could of course agree to close off that damn gubmint the whole way and then do whatever they want, but they appear to like some level of gubmint involvement in their mission.

12. Dick Whitman

Cite to what? You asked me to clarify the intent of that sentence. I did. Want me to cite to a brain scan?

Draft saved Draft deleted