1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professors sue college over Adam and Eve stance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 21, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Do you think Eve had a Brazilian?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sounds mighty elitist and liberal of you.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Cite?

And yes I did

4. zagoshe

I'm sure people sending their kids to an EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE know exactly what they are signing up to learn and that is a big reason they are sending them there.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, you didn't. Or you didn't read it carefully. It's not a First Amendment lawsuit. Not even close.

6. zagoshe

That's ridiculous. If you don't like the mission of the college, that's fine.

It still doesn't rise to the level of a lawsuit.

7. LongTimeListener

Right.

But they are actually spending a lot of money and time to make their kids less prepared for the world. They're missing the point of college entirely. I'm not questioning their right to do it, I'm questioning why they would bother.

8. zagoshe

Are they? Can you CITE some sort of data suggesting kids that graduate from Christian colleges are less successful at finding jobs/careers?

I'd be willing to bet kids who go to these kinds of exclusive Christian colleges do quite well once they graduate.

But I know, I know, they don't believe man came from apes so therefore they aren't equipped for the real world....

9. zagoshe

The relevant point is this -- this is a bunch of hot air from a couple of professors who want to hear themselves on the news. And this is especially true given this gem from your own damn article....

"Dr. Livesay said the clarification, which will not change the curriculum in any way, was intended to reaffirm, not alter, the institution’s traditional position. He said concerns had been building for years that some employees had perhaps moved “away from the historical and current position of the college.”

In other words, this is a lot of nonsense - the curriculum is staying exactly the same.

10. LongTimeListener

The status as national laughingstock is new, however, as is the requirement to actively accept this "fact" instead of just quietly rolling your eyes at it and moving on.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They aren't suing because they don't like it. That isn't the ground for the lawsuit.

12. zagoshe

National laughingstock among who? Among the same atheistic liberal bedwetters who were laughing at them before this language change?

Do you think they really give a shit?

Draft saved Draft deleted