1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professors sue college over Adam and Eve stance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 21, 2014.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It took til the fourth post to attract the quit-if-you-don't-like-it crowd?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Good point.

This is bigger than those two professors. For example, should the school's accreditation be at risk?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Maybe the free market will take care of it and only hire the school's grads to be baristas.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Bryan College was named for the not-Messiah.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That's a tolerant stance.

6. Dick Whitman

Dogma/doctrine is antithetical to the core mission of higher education, which is exploration in search of truth.

I'm extremely tolerant of dissenting viewpoints. Which is precisely why I think that Bryan's accreditation should be at risk.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Too late

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3771337/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would love to ask those kids' parents what is even the point of college if this is what they are signing up to learn.

9. Dick Whitman

My wife's cousin's kid goes to Wheaton College in Illinois, which is similar. Her daughter went to some loony toon college like this in a skyscraper in New York. King College maybe? Sounds right, but might not be exact. They are really well-spoken, polite, grounded kids. Sometimes, it pops into my head that they also think the world is like 1,000 years old. It's strange, because the mom went to Northwestern and I think the dad went to a regular person college, too.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

King College? That's Dinesh's school!

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can we all agree that Adam and Eve never existed and that anyone expecting an educated person to believe they did is too ignorant to run a college?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The moral of the story is if you want a career in medicine or the life sciences, don't go to this college.

Draft saved Draft deleted